GET SAMPLES HERE
NFC/HF ANALOG FRONT-END
The NCD1300 is a NFC/HF analogue front-end able to demodulate RF signals compliant to standards ISO14443A and ISO14443B, and with energy-harvesting capability to supply external devices (specific memories, sensors, …).
The front-end can be easily integrated with a digital part to build a customer-specific RFID tag operating in the HF band; for instance, it can include customized encryption, compression, interface to custom analogue sensors,... The front-end is silicon verified, and samples are available. Additionally, it can be used as external component, with the digital processing unit implemented in an off-chip microprocessor or FPGA.
The NCD1300 is passively powered, meaning that it can harvest energy from the magnetic field. It also includes a Power Supply Unit to enable semi-passive operation with external battery. It demodulates the signal received and extracts the clock, which are made available for the digital part. It also performs load modulation using a signal provided by the digital circuitry. Finally, it also gives a Power on Reset signal, and Field Detection indicator.
A regulated energy harvesting output extracted from the field is also available on a pin and can be used as power supply for external circuitry, with a maximum current consumption of 5mA. If an external battery is connected and the battery voltage is higher than the rectified field, this output takes the energy from the battery instead of from the field.
• Valid for ISO14443A, ISO14443B
• Powered from external magnetic field or from external battery
• Regulated energy harvesting output, providing up to 5mA
• Bit rates from 106kbps till 424kbps
• Integrated resonant and buffer capacitor
• External battery supply range 2.6V ...3.6V
• Wide temperature range: -40ºC to 125ºC
• Firmware Upgrade via NFC
• Zero power configuration (late customization)
• NFC bridge for embedded system
• NFC powering sensor
• Non-invasive medical device for healthcare
• Smart Metering/Vending machine
• Smart Interactive Poster
• Smart Home Appliance
• Wireless Industrial Machine Interface
• Customized/Proprietary system RFID
• Smart Toy
• Display-less Home appliance
• Advanced pairing (for e.g. WiFi or Bluetooth) for dynamic generation of session keys